An efficient warehouse is essential for customer satisfaction as it helps to ensure fast and accurate parcel delivery.
If you're looking for tips on how to improve warehouse performance, consider the following:
1. Maximise and optimize all available space. Instead of increasing your warehouse space, consider making better use of vertical space. By adding taller storage units and the right equipment for picking and storing materials, you can accommodate more consignments per square meter. In addition, think about the type and variety of shelving used. Instead of using the same shelving throughout the warehouse, use different types of shelving. In addition, try using standard bins to keep the shelves clean and tidy.
2. "Lean inventory. Reducing inventories in your warehouse is as important as in production. The basic premise of lean is just what you need and nothing more. Perhaps reduce or eliminate safety stocks and try to get suppliers to deliver smaller quantities more often.
3. Use the latest storage technology. A warehouse management system (WMS) or ERP system with a strong WMS module can improve efficiency by suggesting the best picking or placing routes and methods. In addition, the system provides automated pick lists that can be sent to mobile scanners and devices to help eliminate errors and reduce wasted time and paper. Your warehouse will be tidier and greener. Using barcode or radio-frequency identification (RFID) readers can improve the accuracy of operations and reduce picking errors (in a study, RFID increased stock accuracy by 27% in just 13 weeks).
4. Organise workplaces. Organizing workplaces increase productivity by eliminating the need for workers to search for tools or equipment. Use the "5S" approach from lean manufacturing to make your workspaces as tidy as possible.
5. Optimise work efficiency. If your SVS cannot generate efficient collection plans, create them manually. Analyze your material usage patterns and keep bulky goods together near the front of the warehouse to reduce travel time. Also, keep items that are often sold together close to each other. You will substantially simplify operations if you try to store the most frequently collected goods in the most accessible locations to avoid delays in collection.
Improving warehouse efficiency depends on continuous improvement and enhancement. Follow these simple steps and watch your performance grow.
Mitrena UAB is your logistics partner!
You can find out more about our services by clicking on this link:
We are ready to advise you on your concerns:
El. email: email@example.com