Selecting a logistics partner is one of the key factors for manufacturing and service companies seeking to provide the highest level of service to their partners. The concepts of time and quality are the best descriptors of the benefits generated by this service provider.
In this article, we outline 5 key factors to consider when choosing your logistics partner - your logistics service provider.
1. Strong reputation and experience. The reputation of the logistics supplier plays an important role. The provider must adapt to customer needs and meet demand by providing the best service, focusing on cost-efficiency and top quality. Find a service provider with experience in logistics operations and knowledge of the sector you represent.
2. Logistics management from start to finish. To facilitate logistics management, choose a supplier with the experience and resources to manage transport logistics in an integrated way, as well as specific warehousing and value-added services, while keeping in mind the details such as packaging and security, which have an impact on the storage, handling and quality of goods.
3. Operating over the widest possible geographical area. The provider will help businesses find solutions anywhere in the world by developing specialised services tailored to market needs. Existence in these markets ensures a single point of contact throughout the process. In addition, different customs regulations and individual security measures in the countries of destination may create obstacles. With a provider that operates internationally, you gain knowledge of the market, including customs regulations and foreign trade compliance in other parts of the world.
4. Security and technology. Consider how the logistics provider will ensure the safe delivery of the shipment from its departure from the facility to its final destination. This is especially important when dealing with dangerous goods. Transparency and integration of transport and warehouse management IT systems is also vital. Ideally, the logistics service provider works with unified global information systems that allow a seamless flow of information.
5. Freight transport and forwarding by different modes of transport. For air, sea and inland transport, strict criteria for selecting a logistics provider ensure a uniform level of quality. For air freight, look for a supplier offering high output frequencies, consolidation services, direct freight and charter services, and express services. For ocean freight, check whether the product portfolio includes consolidated freight services, project shipments, container services or container freight stations. A supplier with a strong land transport network ensures that goods are delivered quickly and safely from door to door.
Mitrena UAB is your logistics partner!
You can find out more about our services by clicking on this link:
We are ready to advise you on your concerns:
El. email: firstname.lastname@example.org